What does K mean and what is the difference between 2K, 4K, 6K, and 10K? 

The K stands for Kelvin, a measurement of color temperature (as opposed to physical temperature) expressed in numbers. Kelvin tells a grower what color the bulb emits. The lower the K measurement, the closer it is to the red spectrum. The higher the K measurement, the closer it is to the blue spectrum. 
2K is closest to the red spectrum, which is used most often for the flowering stage of a plant. 
4K is in the blue spectrum range and is best suited for general vegetative growth. 
6K, also in the blue spectrum, is best for vegetative growth with shorter spacing as well as for bushier plants. 
10K is often known as the “finisher”, and is best used during the last two weeks of a plant’s bloom, when the final boost in oil and resin production occurs. 

What are MH lights? 

Metal Halide or MH lights typically produce a high proportion of light in the blue spectrum, which is used in vegetative growth to process and produce condensed, bushy plants. This color spectrum is typically expressed between 4-10K. 

What are HPS lights? 

High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lights produce a high proportion of light in the red spectrum, which is used in the flowering stage for optimum bud formation. The color spectrum is typically in the 2-3K range. 

What are CMH lights? 

Ceramic Metal Halide, or CMH lights, are the latest version of MH lights. They produce a wider light spectrum. They also use less wattage (resulting in lower heat) while achieving the same affect as a traditional higher wattage MH light. CMH lights need a CMH ballast to operate. 

What is the difference between single ended and doubled ended lights?

Before double-ended bulbs came onto the market, single-ended bulbs were the norm. Single-ended bulbs screw in much like regular bulbs, while double- ended bulbs, like fluorescent tubes, are connected by double-ended wires. 

Double-ended bulbs are much more stable. They also have a much longer shelf life. Last, they produce an even band of light with higher PAR/PPF ratings – this means better crop yields. Double-ended lamps are also more efficient, and that also results in higher quality plants. 

However, keep this in mind. Double-ended lamps must be used with double- ended reflectors. They also have a downside. Double-ended (DE) lights cannot be air cooled directly or else they lose their efficiency. A reflector must be designed to accommodate DE bulbs. 

Can I use Innotech lamps with magnetic ballasts? 

Innotech lamps are designed to be used with digital ballasts, but will also work with most other major brands. However, they may not be used with magnetic ballasts. 

What is the light coverage for each of your types of bulbs? 

400W bulbs cover approximately 3.5x3.5 square feet. 600W bulbs cover 4x4 square feet. 1000W blubs cover roughly 5x5 square feet. 

For best results, it is best to use with Innotech Pro1000 Complete Fixture.